We LOVE massage and immerse ourselves in it each day. Many of our customers have been with us for years and have a deep appreciation for all that massage therapy can do for them. But what if you are new to massage? Maybe you’re a bit nervous or unsure of what to expect.
Don’t worry! Massage is all about relaxation and relieving any stress that you have cooped up in your body. When your mind is working like a steam engine, hauling around stressful cargo that you can’t seem to unload, you’re not functioning at your optimum level. You may have trouble focusing or even sleeping. Here are some tips for your first trip to the spa:
- Arrive as relaxed as you can be. Make sure you arrive ahead of your appointment time so that you do not feel rushed. Listen to peaceful music on your way to the spa so that your mind can begin to release some of the stress you may be carrying with you.
- Speak with your massage therapist ahead of time. Ask any questions that may be plaguing you. Are you concerned about not being clothed? Ask about our various options. We are always here to accompany you and address all concerns.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid eating within an hour of your appointment. Being well hydrated will ensure that your skin “rolls” as it should and that your body is ready to efficiently flush out toxins. Water also allows our muscles to be more flexible and will combat that feeling of being tight, sore or tense. Having a full stomach can hinder the benefits of your massage, so be sure to eat something light at least an hour before your appointment.
- Communicate openly about any supplements or medications you are taking. Your therapist will be able to inform you if massage will affect your dosage.
- Express any and all areas of your body where you experience pain or have been injured.
Remember, your spa staff and therapists are there for your benefit. They want to help you feel and look your best. They will help your body function more efficiently and without pain. Being in constant, open communication with them will guarantee you have the best spa experience you can.
After a good massage, you will find that you are more focused, at ease, and able to sleep better. Your pain will be relieved or even gone. Once you try massage, we promise that you’ll never want to leave the spa!